Therapy Specialization and Research Training
- Psychological and Diagnostic Assessment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Relational Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Therapy
- Anxiety, Depression
- Emotion-Driven Behaviors and Thinking
- Life Transitions, Family Transitions
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication
- Identity and Self-Image
- Social Anxiety and Avoidance
- Academic Achievement and Stressors
- School Transitions and Adjustments
- Work-life Balance
- Trauma and Recovery
- Planning and Organizational Enhancement
- Perfectionism, Procrastination, Self-Defeating Behaviors
- At-risk Behaviors, Substance Use, Impulsivity, Anger
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Recovery and Resilience
- Asperger's Syndrome
Dr. Passarelli provides psychotherapy services for individuals, couples and families. Each client has an individualized therapy plan that is specific to their current goals .Dr. Passarelli's extensive experience as both a clinician and researcher has provided him with a comprehensive approach to working with clients at all stages of therapy and life.
Dr. Passarelli places an emphasis on short- and long-term goals, adaptively working through transitions, and a positive therapy and working relationship. He encourages people to ask as many questions as they like about their treatment options and goals so they can achieve a "good therapy match."
Each client has an individualized therapy plan that is specific to their current goals (personal, professional and/or academic). The treatment plan is comprehensive so that your therapy work will extend beyond the near term and be effective for future situations.
Examples of short- and long-term treatment goals include:
- Decreasing anxiety, depression or impulsive feelings
- Enhancing your sense-of-self
- Understanding your approach to interpersonal communication as well as the approach of others around you
- Effectively working through life transitions
- Reinforcing effective decision-making and problem-solving
- Overall health, wellness and quality of life goals
Dr. Passarelli works with each client to build skills and insight that go beyond the short-term and extend across settings for the long-term. This includes working with you to develop and effectively implement cognitive-behavioral skills and solution strategies with consistency. This is particularly important for the long-term as well as when you are working through life's stressful and inevitable transitional periods.
Dr. Passarelli has extensive training in various specialized treatment modalities, each rooted in theory and supported by research and evidence-based practice. Feel free to visit "Publications" or "LinkedIn" for more information regarding his clinical training and experience at specific hospitals and specialty programs.